EMEA Senior Human Resources Business PartnerApply Job ID 2017-4870 Category Corporate Functions Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
As EMEA Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP), you will align human resources processes, programs and systems with the business strategies and objectives. You will be the first point of contact for employees and managers located in our European countries regarding the application of total rewards programs; individual and team performance; and talent management processes and programs. You will work closely with our HR specialist teams located in our main office in Redwood City, California, USA. You will partner with all EMEA teams to continue to develop a productive and engaging work environment. The position reports to the HR Senior Director, International, Information Technology, Operations and Learning and Development who is located in our main office. This role is based in Geneva, Switzerland
Organization Business Partner:
Understand the industry environment and the strategic and annual plans for the units and groups supported. Identify and address human resources issues and opportunities which may affect the execution of these plans. Consult with the HR Senior Director, and business leaders in the development of solutions, action plans, and measures of success. Apply appropriate measures and tactics to ensure engagement and alignment of employees across the organizations supported. Assist leaders in developing effective structures and systems to support their business goals and talent requirements.
Anticipate, identify, and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues. Act as an internal consultant for employees and management in these situations. Work with colleagues in HR, Legal, and others as appropriate to ensure high quality solutions consistent with Genomic Health values and local laws. Conduct thorough, objective disciplinary investigations as needed in coordination with the Compliance or Legal functions. Advise EMEA managers and Redwood City based HR on matters of employee relations and processes. As required, coordinate preparation for and attend meetings with elected employee representatives.
Learning and Development:
Identify professional, leader and team development needs in partnership with the Learning and Development team. Deliver aligned programs to internal groups to meet specific development needs.
Total Rewards Management:
Working closely with our HR Specialist Teams, collaborate in the development, and assist in the implementation and communication of total rewards programs and processes. Support the updating and roll out of country specific programs.
In partnership with our Legal team manage employment contracts and country documentation requirements. Participate in the evolution of our HR policies and processes. Serve as point of contact for payroll information and Benefits information.
Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Team, you will help to open new requisitions, the interview selected candidates, and support the onboarding and off-boarding of employees. Act as a key resource to the Site Leader in supporting a positive culture of high engagement, in alignment with our core values. Coaches managers and employees in their development.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible HR business partner experience or specialty HR experience based in Switzerland with a multinational organization.
- Knowledge of Swiss employment law required. Working familiarity with other European employment laws (France, Germany, Italy, UK) desired.
- Fluency in English and French required. Fluency in other European languages desired.
- Five years’ post-secondary studies or equivalent experience in business, HR or related field. Prefer a HR/Industrial Relations Masters, MBA, or related graduate program and relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team- or unit-change initiative or program is required.
- Track record of building trust and productive relationships at all levels of the company. Strong communication and influence skills are required.
- Familiarity with international payroll management is a plus.
- Track-record in successfully implementing processes/programs: talent development systems, team development, values development, recognition programs, diversity and inclusion, etc.
- Relevant experience in fast-paced life-science or technology environment preferred.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills along with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to productively manage conflict, mediate, and influence in a positive manner
- Effective in developing and implementing employee engagement strategies and tactics.
- Focused on results; ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; strong analysis/decision-making skills; and ability to manage multiple projects across various organizations
- Recognized as key resource for employees and managers. Demonstrated ability to build trust, and operates with a sense of humor, humility, courage, passion, and integrity for the benefit of the organization.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!