Lead Program Biostatistician (Clinical)Apply Job ID 2017-4921 Category Biostatistics / Data Management Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
Genomic Health is seeking an extraordinary individual with strong statistical, data analysis, interpersonal, and organizational skills, to participate in the development and validation of genomic biomarker assays that help cancer patients and their physicians make better treatment decisions. You will collaborate directly with internal and external leaders with vision in the design, analysis, reporting, and publication of studies associating genomic data with clinical outcomes in patients from controlled clinical trials and observational studies in oncology. You'll have experience analyzing high dimensional data, preferably genomic data, relevant work experience, and an in-depth understanding of survival analysis methods.
- You will perform statistical activities in support of development, validation, and post-marketing studies, including protocol and statistical analysis plan development, data analysis, preparation of final study reports, and contribution to external presentations and publications
- Represents the statistics function in clinical development teams, medical affairs, and marketing/commercial activities
- Provides strategic input to the project teams and is a major contributor to the design of clinical studies
- You'll work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises discernment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Interacts with external clinical and statistical collaborators
- No direct management responsibilities but may mentor less senior personnel
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
- Experience analyzing time to event data from clinical trials and observational studies
- Strong statistical programming and analysis skills in SAS
- Experience in publishing the results of clinical, epidemiologic or genomic studies
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team including scientists, pathologists, and oncologists
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence internal and external collaborators on study design, analysis methods, and interpretation of study results
- Able to prioritize and work towards results with a strong emphasis on quality
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Experience in statistical analysis in oncology and clinical diagnostics
- Familiarity with genomic assay development
- Experience working in the FDA regulated industry
- Experience using R
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!