SR. QUALITY ENGINEER IApply Job ID 2017-4927 Category Information Technology Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
As a member of the Quality Engineering (QE) team in Engineering Services Department, Senior Quality Engineer I, Integrations will play a key role in defining, developing, refining, executing quality standards and design controls to successfully deliver business critical Enterprise applications as well as integration of these systems with partners. You will be part of the team that delivers products from conception to go live with emphasis on software quality for an exceptional customer experience. You will be involved in all phases of system development, including requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and support. You must demonstrate the ability to understand system architectures, design and implementation, possess the ability to succinctly develop the strategy to deliver high-quality results in a time sensitive environment.
This is a position with opportunity for significant visibility and impact in an innovative and dynamic cancer diagnostics company.
- Participate in requirements, design and review meetings.
- Develop test strategy, test plan, test design specification, requirement traceability matrix and risk assessment leading to successful implementation and timely project completion.
- Create, maintain and execute test cases/test scripts (manual and automated) for all tiers/components of assigned systems (UI, web services, LIMS, data warehouse etc.) in accordance with regulations, quality standards and design controls.
- Develop automated test scripts for validating web services using API.
- Deploy products to QA environments and maintain them to support testing efforts.
- Producing manifest of builds prior to release along with deployment instructions.
- Define and execute load and performance tests in conjunction with Developers and Product Owners.
- Report, track and escalate anomalies discovered during testing and ensure closure on the issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective testing as part of a regular release schedule.
- Train, mentor and collaborate other QE Engineers, both local and off-shore on assigned releases.
- Assist with defining and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related study or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance of Enterprise applications.
- 4+ years of experience in web-based enterprise application testing and technical/domain expertise in ERP and CRM solutions (Salesforce experience is desired).
- Demonstrated experience using tools like SOAPUI, JMeter, Selenium, TestNG or any other equivalent test tool.
- Experience testing web services and/or REST API validation using JSON/XML required.
- Solid knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, SOQL, SOSL.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to mentor team members and educate others on testing principles and methodologies.
- Ability to work proactively, independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks and projects, and quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment required.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication inclusive of technical documentation skills.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Experience in cloud based technologies or COTS solutions is desired.
- Experience in SaaS or Cloud environments.
- Experience in SOA environments.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, GCP, and FDA).
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!