Sr. Software Project Manager (Scrum Master)Apply Job ID 2017-4966 Category Program/Project Management Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 07/29/2017
The Software Project Manager (Scrum Master) is a critical role as a project facilitator who guides cross functional teams for the implementation of scrum framework at Genomic Health. This “hands on” position will be directly responsible for execution using principles of the scrum framework in an agile development environment. This person will act as the liaison for the teams, facilitating planning, agile education, execution, and communication. The Scrum Master is responsible for tracking and reporting day to day activities as well as removal of roadblocks and impediments. This role requires the candidate to be onsite during the sprint series. Further, this role will work cross-functionally with our IT department and other business partners internally and externally. This position will be responsible for managing multiple parallel sprints.
- Coordinate and guide the Sprint Team through sprint planning meetings. Identify user stories in the product backlog to be included in the sprint; suggest refinements to user stories and assist the team in dividing user stories into more implementable sections
- Provide guidance on the composition of effective user stories and business acceptance criteria; ensure functional design and technical design are properly documented by responsible team members
- Organize daily Scrum calls; provide timely resolution of any impediments faced by the team members
- Organize and facilitate sprint review (demo) meetings to allow stakeholders to provide feedback on the product
- Coach team members on methods for documenting emerging requirements during the sprint
- Ensure effective test cases are being written and executed
- Train the team to log defects; conduct daily bug triage, and ensure timely resolution and closure of logged defects
- Conduct sprint retrospective meetings and ensure improvements are made in subsequent sprints
- Work with team member to track user story progress using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) reports
- Monitor deployment to Production after every major release
- Facilitate the weekly Scrum of Scrums meetings for cross-track issue identification and resolution
- Facilitate effective cooperation and teamwork between team members, including onsite and offshore, employees and implementation vendors
- Communicate progress to the sprint team and management (e.g. stories accepted, pending backlog, defects logged, pass rates of test cases executed, etc.)
- Ensure that the project is on track in terms of scope of work, timeline, resources, quality and rate of progress.
- Agile/Scrum Best Practices
- Coach and guide the team on Agile best practices for effective implementation of the Sprint Cycles throughout the project
- Manage user accounts by creating/ deleting user profiles and setting appropriate permissions in TFS
- Interact with third party vendors as necessary to ensure smooth communication between vendors and team members
- 7 years relevant experience; Certified Scrum Master and/or at least 3 years’ experience as an Active/Full time Scrum Master.
- Agile training completed and 2 years of experience of training teams and/or team members in Agile/Scrum.
- Knowledge of the underlying principles of application development, database design, and systems administration preferred
- Ability to lead without authority by building relationships
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and lead effective meetings
- Ability to identify, own, and resolve issues
- Committed to continual improvement
- Able to inspire cross-functional team members to work together Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing, especially with work teams.
- Bachelors in Science or Engineering discipline preferred
- 2 years as a Project Manager
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!