Intern - Analytics Systems AnalystApply Job ID 2017-5043 Category Internship Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Analytics Systems Analyst will be directly responsible for establishing collaborative relationships across the enterprise and are skilled at working effectively with sales, marketing, finance, and R&D teams. Create reports and dashboards for the business, oversee them once in production, retire those that no longer meet business needs, and be an expert on business KPIs (key performance indicators). You will communicate regularly with business users, deliver program updates, conduct usability tests, and continuously monitor the pulse of the business user community, managing the product backlog and maintaining the Enterprise Data Analytics team brand and quality.
The ideal candidate will include at least 3 in each of the following categories:
- Technical skills:
- Data analysis
- Business Systems analysis
- Cloud applications and architecture
- Data visualization and reporting
- Applications Experience:
- SFDC or NetSuite knowledge
- MSSQL Server and SQL query language development
- Familiarity with Tableau or equivalent Business Intelligence tool
- Partner closely with the business and application team to ensure that they have access to critical KPIs in order to measure effectiveness of the business functions.
- Facilitate regular interaction with the business communicating the project, sprints and roadmap, and its priorities
- Serve as an intake funnel for the business information solution delivery
- Work within the framework of the Project Management / Agile standards to deliver business needs quickly and establish a delivery cadence
- Provide functional support for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions to support the delivery of analytic capabilities
- Assist business partners in all stages of process with defining key capabilities/requirements
- Work with the Engineering team to coordinate the handling of daily production support issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Work with the Development and Quality Assurance teams to ensure requirements are sufficient to enable technical design, development and testing.
- Knowledge in Finance, Sales business functions and experience within the Biotech industry is desirable
- Good knowledge in Data Warehouse and Data Analysis
- Hands-on experience with BI tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Wave or Oracle OBIEE
- Understanding of SalesForce, Netsuite, and operational cloud applications
- Know-how to document requirements and specifications
- Ability and experience to operate in an Agile delivery framework
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to build and manage cross functional relationships; strong client service orientation
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, statistics or business management discipline
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!