Clinical Laboratory Scientist II, PM ShiftApply Job ID 2017-5045 Category Laboratory Operations Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will be directly responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, interpreting and reporting patient results, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements.
The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Prepare the reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Review, interpret and report patient results.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot basic problems that adversely affect test performance.
- Supervise unlicensed laboratory personnel.
- May assist with the training of new laboratory personnel.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations. Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities for internal Audits and inspection preparation.
- Prioritize a positive work environment by investing time in building relationships and trust with all stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid California CLS license.
- Completion of a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent training program at an accredited institution and clinical laboratory work experience as a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Computer competency, including Excel, Power point, and Word.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve basic issues that impact test performance.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High volume laboratory experience.
- Previous experience with laboratory automation.
- Previous experience working with LIMS.
- Training in molecular biology techniques.
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!