Specimen Materials Handler IApply Job ID 2017-5046 Category Customer Service/Accessioning Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 08/11/2017
The Specimen Materials Handler provides a vital link between Genomic Health customers, Sample Accessioning Technicians and the internal laboratory and commercial operations groups. Specimen Material Handlers support the operations of the Pre-Post Accessioning Team are responsible for the following: managing new specimen kit receipt, file preparation, report shipment; material return, document management and international kit shipments. The Specimen Material Handler is also responsible for communicating with all accounts and contacts in relationship to the shipping and receiving of patient report, and specimens.
The Specimen Material Handler II will be trained on all aspects of the Clinical Material department and will be responsible for managing these functions according to the direction of the Lead Specimen Material Handler and the Clinical Materials Supervisor.
It is imperative that the Specimen Material Handler possess exemplary Customer Service and Quality Control skills, have a demonstrated ability to work independently, and also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. The Specimen Material Handler must possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers, laboratory, and other internal GHI personnel. The Specimen Material Handler must adhere to all compliance, HIPAA and PHI regulations and elevate potential disclosures and breaches in process immediately to the Lead Specimen Material Handler or Clinical Materials Supervisor.
• Assist the Lead Specimen Material Handler in preparing training documents and / or participating in team meetings
• Assist the Lead Specimen Material Handler in the coaching of new hires as required
• Participate in workgroups within the Sample Accessioning and Customer Service Departments as needed
• Specimen Kit Receipt and File Preparation
• OnBase Scanning, Indexing, Auditing and File Storage through Data Safe
• Patient Results Report Review and Shipment
• Material Return Prep and Shipment
• International and Domestic Transportation Kit Shipment
• Sales Marketing Materials Shipments
• Adhere to all department Standard Operating Procedures
• Other administrative responsibilities
• Have strong computer skills
• Be highly detail- and quality-oriented
• Be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed
• Strong customer service orientation
• Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!