Senior AP Accountant II (Temporary)Apply Job ID 2017-5049 Category Corporate Functions Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 08/09/2017
Reporting to the AP Manager, the Senior AP Accountant II is responsible for the day to day accounts payable processing, primarily working with our international subsidiaries. This position enters a significant quantity of accounts payable invoice transactions on a daily basis, which includes processing employee expense reports for reimbursement and prepares wires and checks for disbursement. Further, this role assists with AP close duties, as well as, identifying accruals after the AP module is closed and prepares expense flux analysis for reporting.
- Responsible for vouchering all approved transactions (domestic and international invoices) into the AP module and ensuring proper department and general ledger coding.
- Circulates invoices for approvals in accordance with the Company’s global authorization matrix and investigates, communicates, follow-ups with internal departments to resolve invoice related issues.
- Reviews vendor statements and work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies. Responds to vendor calls and e-mails in a timely manner.
- Assist in weekly check runs and prepares wires to ensure timely payments to vendor.
- Maintains vendor files and collects required vendor W-9 form for vendor set up.
- Processes and audit employee expense reports for reimbursement in accordance with the Company’s Travel and Expense Policy.
- Assists in month-end close (including preparation of AP Accruals, Journal Entries, Account Recon and Flux analysis).
- Assists with year-end 1099 preparation.
- Assists with SOX and financial audits.
- Participates with the procure-to-pay NetSuite implementation.
- Assists with documenting desktop procedures.
- Analyzes current processes for AP best practice.
- Assist in ad hoc projects.
- 5-8 years of accounts payable experience in a public company, preferably in biotechnology, healthcare or health insurance industries.
- Accounting or Business bachelor degree.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong understanding of procure-to-pay workflow.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team’s environment and with external customers.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or NetSuite.
- Experience with an expense reporting system.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!