Regional Urogenomic Liaison - MiamiApply Job ID 2017-5053 Category Sales Job Location Miami, FL Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Regional Urogenomic Liaison or (RUL) in the Miami area and will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive (targeted) accounts while staying within budget. The plan should support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages. It should also include providing a high-level of service toward being the best in class for an assay provider. The RUL (field sales professional) plans are used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build & maintain comprehensive relationships and develop "key" contact & account records in GHI CRM system to manager these relationships with GHI. To do this plan the RUL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues. The RUL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
Territory Management, Planning and Implementation
- General understanding of competitors and market trends that are impacting product utilization of customers
- Responsible for selling the company’s products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts
- The RUL will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive (targeted) accounts while staying within budget. The plan should support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages. It should also include providing a high-level of service toward being the best in class for an assay provider.
- The RUL plans are working documents used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build & maintain comprehensive relationships and develop “key” contact & account records in GHI CRM system to manager these relationships with GHI. To do this plan the RUL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues. The RUL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
Knowledge and Experience/Technical Fluency
- The RUL will be required to successfully complete all training programs and deal proficiently with the concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and with all GHI products.
- He/she should be able to invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding all disease states associated with our products and the strengths and weaknesses of our competition. The RUL should be able to successfully use this technical fluency to move target physicians and influencers to actions that will result in patient access and utilization of our products. An experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a range of issues in creative ways
- This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position
- Comprehensive knowledge of company products and services
- Exhibits a general understanding of necessary disease state and product knowledge
Professionalism and Commitment
- The RUL strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development. The RUL is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production.
- The RUL will be required to attend various sales meetings and professional conferences around the US on as needed basis. It will be critical for the RUL to work closely with sales management and marketing understand and communicate our product sales and marketing messages.
- As a stock holder the RUL will continuously be on the look out for talented people to recruit to GHI and may be asked to assist in the interview process as well as other support activities such as public relations efforts.
Communication – External/Internal
The RUL provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to “all” parties involved in the sales of our products. The RUL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams). The RUL will work with Managed Care, Reimbursement, patients (including patient support groups), GHI Advocacy group and providers to insure access to our products.
- General understanding (or strong ability to quickly learn) and familiarity with clinical research in cancer. Competitive candidates will be comfortable with investigators and may have worked as MSL’s.
- Proven territory or account management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- 5+ years’ sales experience in selling with a strong record of success promoting complex products in medical oncology and/or diagnostics or similar experience in selling/marketing products in complex Biotech products.
- Have a tight relationship or demonstrated ability to quickly develop one with national opinion leaders in oncology and pathology within their target territory. A plus to have a life science degree / clinical exp.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!