Material Handler IIApply Job ID 2017-5054 Category Laboratory Operations Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 08/09/2017
The Material Return Coordinator is a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual who will take a great pride in assuming this challenging role. In this role, the candidate will single-handedly assume responsibilities for all aspects of the materials specimen return process along with shipping/receiving duties. This position will report directly to the Materials/Purchasing Supervisor within our Laboratory Operations department.
- Perform daily specimen transfer runs from bldg.1 to bldg.2 using the company van
- Perform daily deliveries of business & personal packages to 4 buildings using the company van
- Promptly receive incoming material on a daily basis
- Inspect incoming materials for quality issues - damage, quantity, etc.
- Promptly resolve any receiving issues by working with the buyer
- Consult with buyer to process RMA’s per non-conforming materials and to reconcile any purchase order discrepancies
- Transact all incoming materials to appropriate stocking locations (stockroom or WIP location)
- Perform all system transactions
- Responsible for maintaining all system transactions in a binder for financial month end review.
- Correctly label all inventoried items, with special attention given to critical materials (sample kits & reagents)
- Handle critical materials with expediency and caution (frozen specimens, sample kits, etc.).
- Promptly fulfill all requests for materials
Review with Buyer to change current minimum/maximum inventory levels set based on usage.
- Maintain a clean and well organized stockroom
- Responsible for replenishment of all inventory designated locations
Follow all standard operating procedures in an effort to ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate must be familiar with standard shipping methods/procedures with vendors such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- A service oriented mindset with meticulous attention to detail
- Systems experience including LIMS and ERP tools as well as Microsoft applications.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum of two years’ experience in shipping/receiving, inventory control, and stockroom duties in a biotechnology or healthcare environment (CLIA or FDA regulated) preferred
- APICs certified preferred, but not required
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!