Intern - Technical Support Analyst (32 Hours/Week)Apply Job ID 2017-5065 Category Internship Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
An internship at Genomic Health is an opportunity for an individual to further their IT education through hands-on experience in a dynamic environment. The position requires both technical and interpersonal skills.
- Assist with Hardware setups for new hires
- Hardware pickups for terminated users
- Imaging of new laptops and desktops
- Maintaining organization of IT Stock room
- Data entry of equipment into a user hardware tracking list
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems with an emphasis on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
- Must be comfortable with basic hardware setups for Monitors, Desktop PC’s, Keyboards, Mice, Laptops and docking stations
- The ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures is critical, as is the ability to clearly document actions taken.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers.
- Self-directed, work independently, detailed oriented, organized and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Able to work under pressure, multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple Work streams while updating customers, management and team.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at least 50-75 pounds.
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!