Scientific Data AnalystApply Job ID 2017-5075 Category Biostatistics / Data Management Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Scientific Data Analyst will collaborate on cross-functional teams to execute projects in areas such as process development, commercial laboratory troubleshooting and monitoring, and product commercialization. You'll prepare laboratory datasets, reports, analysis tools, and visualizations for customers such as biostatisticians, scientists, and process engineers. You’ll reports to the Associate Director of Biomedical Data Computing.
You’ll have experience in Biotechnology or Pharma with strong technical skills and experience that includes working with relational databases and other programming in addition to construction and manipulation of complex data structures to meet the needs of consumers of the data. Additionally, past study or work in life sciences, especially working in a molecular biology laboratory and with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) would be extremely valuable.
- You’ll ensure the accurate, complete and timely preparation, delivery, and tracking of research, commercial and manufacturing laboratory data for the purpose of troubleshooting, laboratory monitoring, process development, or product commercialization
- You’ll develop and employ working knowledge of Genomic Health research, commercial and manufacturing laboratory processes and how the processes are modeled in LIMS data structures
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to execute projects in areas such as process development, commercial laboratory troubleshooting and monitoring, and product commercialization
- Design and/or develop programs to automate the collection, extraction, analysis, presentation and/or tracking of research, commercial and manufacturing laboratory data to meet the needs of customers including biostatisticians, scientists, and process engineers
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of documentation, as required by departmental standard operating procedures, practices, or regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, other scientific or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 8+ years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases, LIMS, and SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAS, R, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results in a timely manner, either independently or by leading others in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with ability to understand the needs of collaborators and customers
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Post-graduate coursework in Life Sciences or other scientific discipline
- Familiarity with Molecular Biology concepts and laboratory practices
- Familiarity with statistical analysis techniques and data visualizations
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!