Senior BioMedical Data ManagerApply Job ID 2017-5077 Category Research & Development Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Senior Clinical Database Analyst at Genomic Health, Inc. (GHI) is responsible for ensuring the development and configuration of robust clinical data tools that lead to the accurate, complete and timely collection and delivery of genomic and clinical data for analysis, reporting and presentation. The Sr. Clinical Database Analyst is expected to provide functional representation and expertise to study teams. The Senior Clinical Database Analyst may have functional supervisory responsibilities for new and/or lower level staff.
- Independently act as Lead Data Manager on moderate to complex clinical studies and projects; provide expert Data Management functional representation to study teams
- Design, develop, configure and maintain clinical study databases through effective requirements analysis, screen design, edit check programming, query management, data extraction and data reporting
- Programmatically manipulate and combine data from a variety of different sources using a variety of different data manipulation tools, including SAS and SQL
- Work closely with colleagues from Biostatistics, Clinical Operations, Medical, Pathology and Program Management to ensure fit-for-purpose Data Management deliverables are provided to customers on time and with high quality
- Interact closely with collaborators, both internal within Genomic Health and external, to gather requirements, plan deliverables and communicate progress and findings
- Train clinical site personnel and collaborators on study-specific data management tools
- Ensure the timely, accurate and complete preparation of documentation, as required by departmental standard operating procedures and practices, or regulations
- Perform effective quality reviews of peer generated databases and programs
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of department procedures by being primary author of process documents and by effectively and actively contributing to and leading process discussions
- Train and mentor new and/or lower-level staff
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, computer sciences, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5-8 years related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead data manager/analyst on moderate to complex projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of and competency performing industry data management processes and procedures
- Demonstrated programming proficiency with SAS, including moderate to complex data step programming and moderate to complex data reporting
- Demonstrated competency with relational databases and programming moderate to complex SQL queries
- Demonstrated proficiency to programmatically combine and manipulate electronic data from a variety of sources
- Demonstrated proficiency with executing software development lifecycle practices including requirements definition, risk assessment and programming validation
- Demonstrated proficiency in an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system including code-level development for edit check programming and dynamic entry screen programming
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers, external (non-GHI) contacts, and to negotiate and navigate successfully through difficult conversations and/or conflict situations
- Demonstrated ability to be highly effective in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Ability to receive and apply feedback in a professional manner; ability to convey both positive and constructive feedback to others in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team-oriented environment; ability to lead teams with well-defined objectives
- Demonstrated competency in the utilization of Microsoft tools, specifically Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and/or Project
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently deliver quality results in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills and detail orientation
- Post-graduate coursework
- Demonstrated programming skills in other data manipulation, analysis and reporting tools such as R and Tableau.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!