Sample Accessioning Technician (Temporary)Apply Job ID 2017-5080 Category Commercial Operations Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Sample Accessioning Technician provides a vital link between the GHI customers, internal customer service and the commercial operations group. The Sample Accessioning Technician is responsible for handling and recording all tissue specimens sent to Genomic Health, Inc. for testing. Part of the accessioning process involves contacting physicians and various other personnel when information is incomplete or unacceptable. During the performance of this role, there is likely to be a wide variety of questions and comments that come through these channels from a diverse group that may include health care professionals, insurance company claims managers and many others.
It is imperative that the Sample Accessioning Technician have a demonstrated ability to work independently, but also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. Attention to detail and ability to focus are imperative qualities.
In addition to the primary role of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the customer service group, on an as needed basis. The Sample Accessioning Technician will need to understand not only the technical aspects of the services that GHI offers, but must also possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers and other internal GHI personnel. The impressions we create when we interact with those people who seek us out will play a significant role in establishing favorable perceptions of the Company and its products.
- Sample Accessioning Technicians are required to support the operational lab staff with sample intake and accessioning. This will entail following all relevant SOPs in logging newly received samples into the Salesforce database
- Contact physicians and various other medical personnel for information required to complete the sample accessioning process
- Work closely with Quadax, our reimbursement and billing vendor to coordinate information on payor requirements and benefits as needed.
- Document all phone calls and follow up activities in Salesforce according to Standard Operating
- Procedures and Customer Service Department Policy.
- Provide assistance and information to callers in accordance with official Standard Operating Procedures for Customer Service.
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- Strong customer service orientation and willingness to prioritize needs of those seeking information from the Company
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment and able to handle specimens
- Experience following and/or developing SOPs
- Flexibility with respect to working hours as some shifts will require early morning arrivals to handle calls from East Coast
- Significant PC knowledge & Windows OS experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years customer service experience in health care/lab or pharmaceutical, industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Able to legally perform duties within the United States without restrictions
- No disqualifications for employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal Government
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!