Sales Support Specialist IApply Job ID 2017-5088 Category Customer Service/Accessioning Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
The Sales Support Specialist I provides a vital link between the external GHI field sales team, the internal commercial operations group, and our customers. The Sales Support Specialist I will be the first point of contact for Field Sales personnel who communicate frequently via email and phone.
Answer incoming sales related calls from the customer service phone line during business hours, and reply to phone messages left overnight when the phones are not staffed. Document all calls accordingly into SFDC system according to Customer Service Policy and Procedures.
Provide troubleshooting assistance to all Field Sales teams and the Customer Account Management (CAM) Team through timely communication on customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Provide assistance and information on all aspects of product knowledge, sample accessioning processes and clinical information within their scope of expertise in accordance with official Standard Operating Procedures for Customer Service. Requests that can be addressed by scripted responses anticipated in the Knowledge Base should be handled in the manner prescribed. Other questions should be handled with sensitivity, common sense and referrals to others in the Company as circumstances require.
- Develop reports to monitor key performance indicators and measure customer trends and preferences, and routinely communicate findings to field sales personnel
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of custoer service and support
- Participate in collaborative work groups within the Customer Service department
- Support the CAM Team with implementation and operationalization of new order processes
- Assist with effective communications across intra-department teams, with a primary focus in the daily activities and needs of Sales Support Team
- Provide new physician outreach calls to all new accounts and ordering physicians regarding Oncotype IQ portfolio
Maintain a productive operational relationship and establish ongoing communication with the Information Technology department regarding SFDC system enhancement and modification to meet the needs of the Sales Support Team activities
Participate in sales administration/operations activities as necessary. These activities may include shipment of promotional materials and other items to sales representatives; managing materials inventories; developing and producing sales reports; development of items for inclusion in the sales force reference guide, etc.
- Attend and support regional sales calls and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of customer service experience in healthcare or clinical reference laboratory preferred
- Previous sales support experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of clinical data and ability to convey sales and marketing messages
- Thorough knowledge of customer service practices and sales principles
- Significant knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, and customer service systems are required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with a deep understanding of drivers of customer satisfaction and an overt willingness to be an internal champion at GHI for both the field sales team and health care providers
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills demonstrated daily within a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Superb follow-through skills and relationship management required
- Conflict resolution oriented and highly effective at overcoming obstacles
- Maturity and good judgment to understand when to exercise initiative and handle queries directly, and when to escalate queries to higher authority
- Excellent team player with the ability to incorporate manager and customer insight into best practices
- Professional telephone manner as proven through excellent listening and soft skills
- Flexibility with respect to working hours as some shifts will require early morning arrivals to late evening departures to service national customer base
Genomic Health is a global provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. Our goal is to improve the lives of people with cancer by providing personalized, biological information that helps them get the right treatment at the right time, and to avoid unnecessary treatments and their side effects. In this way, our work is truly life, changing.
- Our Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform is a portfolio of diagnostic tests that help physicians and patients answer specific and critical treatment questions throughout the cancer journey
- We currently offer Oncotype tests addressing breast, colon, prostate and lung cancers and hundreds of thousands of patients from over 90 countries have benefited from our tests.
- The Oncotype DX breast cancer test is considered standard of care in the US and is included in all major international clinical guidelines for breast cancer treatment.
- We are expanding our portfolio of tests to include additional liquid- and tissue-based tests through clinical research and internal product development as well as strategic partnerships.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We embrace our unique culture characterized by our Core Values of Community, Truth Seeking, Being Ahead of the Curve and Winning to be the best in the world at what we do. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!