Urology Training ManagerApply Job ID 2017-5110 Category Commercial Operations Job Location Redwood City, CA Posted Date 10/21/2017
You'll report to the Director of Commercial Learning and is responsible for the full continuum of training for Urology Field Sales including new hire and ongoing continuing education programs. These training programs will be dynamic by specific training needs and will include product-specific training, disease-state training, and other professional development programs to benefit newly hired and expert Regional Urogenomic Liaisons (RULs). This job requires one-on-one teamwork with field trainers and regional work with RULs, as well as a partnership with the training team, Regional Managers (RMs), Genomic Science Liaisons (GSLs), Marketing and Medical Affairs.
- You will develop and implement the initial sales training program for newly hired sales professionals. This includes, but is not limited to, communicating and coordinating the training programs both in Redwood City and at the regional level, the creation of pre-work materials, and development of program agenda and management of the training program.
- Updating and continuously refine materials while conducting ongoing assessment needs of the Urology Field Sales organization.
- You'll partner with Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Sales Leadership to develop interactive and impactful workshops at national, area, and regional sales meetings.
- Responsible for developing, and leading continuing education for the Urology sales force to result in the best trained, most knowledgeable and professional sales organization
- Performing train-the-trainer sessions for field trainers and RM's on the roll-out.
- Assess the effectiveness of the learning programs to ensure internal customer needs are met.
- Coach and train RULs in the field on a one-on-one and group/classroom setting basis.
- At the direction of the Regional Managers, work with sales professionals throughout the U.S. to assist in account development and implementation of key tactics within geographical territories; and as required develop individualized training programs to assist in specific skill development as identified by the Sales Leadership Team.
- Support the Commercial Learning team in the selection of vendors, as necessary, for the development and delivery of training materials.
- Develop learning materials
- Provide input and development to web-based learning tools.
- Utilize the learning management system (LMS) to organize training initiatives, while also demonstrating its capabilities to identify learning gaps and/or improvements in the learning process.
- B.S or B.A. degree with 8+ years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience
- Prior sales training experience preferred; highly successful urology sales experience representing leadership in your region
- Strong project management skills to aid in the organization, planning, implementation and execution of learning initiatives
- Strong communication (written and oral), presentation, and facilitation skills
- You are a Self-starter with results orientation
- You will show your ability to lead multiple priorities based on changing business needs
- Ability to tailor training/presentation based on audience
- Experience working cross-functionally with other groups and key partners
- Deep understanding of molecular diagnostics and urology/oncology and the ability to distill high-level scientific information into easily understood concepts for an audience with diverse educational backgrounds and experience
- Proven experience of adult learning principles with a shown ability to apply those principles in a medical environment
- MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Seen as a leader by his/her peers and leadership
- Experience launching a pharmaceutical/biotechnology product
- Sales leadership experience
- Strong urologic oncology KOL relationships
Travel, Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ™ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company’s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees’ work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you want to be part of a team that prides itself in teamwork and developing cutting-edge technology at Genomic Health, apply today!